Maintaining Your Ductless Air Conditioning Unit
Ductless heating-and-cooling systems are growing increasingly popular. This is thanks to their low noise factor and high energy efficiency. Though they’re not too expensive to run, they generally have a higher up-front cost than a regular air conditioner, or AC. Because of this, it’s important to maintain them. This way, you’ll get the best value for your purchase.
At KCA SERVICES, we’re excited to carry ductless products, a sustainable option. We want you to be satisfied with your system long-term.
Our team at KCA SERVICES compiled these tips on how to make your ductless HVAC last longer.
Note: Remember to always turn off both the indoor and outdoor modules, and then wait for an hour before performing any maintenance. It’s also important that you shut off the outdoor circuit switch so you don’t get seriously shocked.
- Be sure the units, both inside and outside your home, have a four-foot margin of space around them. This ensures proper air flow.
- Keep both the indoor and outdoor modules clean. The one located indoors should be regularly dusted and wiped down with a damp cloth. In the outdoor unit, the condenser and coils must be cleaned (and again, the unit MUST be turned off). You can use your garden hose to gently rinse off any dirt buildup. Then, wipe it dry with a rag. If you do this once a week, it will be easier to wash, and the unit will stay in great shape.
- Dust off/replace your filters. Dusting off your filters is important to prevent potentially harmful particles from being circulated through your unit. Filters should be cleaned about once a month. If you find that you’re unable to properly clean a filter by dusting it, you should replace it. Consistently cleaned filters provide high-quality air and reduce the risk of maintenance issues.
- Check the pipes for any obstructions or leaks. If a pipe connected to your system is blocked or has a leak, this can lead to trouble down the road. Spotting the problem early on is the best way to go. It’s also beneficial to wipe any dust and debris from the pipes, so they don’t build up and obstruct air.
- Schedule a maintenance inspection. There are some issues that only professionals can fix, and even recognize to begin with.
Call KCA SERVICES at 210-698-8520 or request service online and we’ll make sure your ductless heating-and-cooling system is running up to speed.