Thermostats are the most important part of your heating and cooling system, crucial to controlling indoor comfort year-round. If yours is aging out and you are overwhelmed by modern control units, KCA Services has you covered with the basics, so you can understand all your options.
Keep reading to learn about today’s newest thermostats and how they can help cool your South Texas home more effectively and conveniently, all while saving you money on your energy bill.
Basic thermostats do not have any pre-settings for programming, so are manually adjusted to meet your needs. They usually have a large, easily-read backlit display to control the temperature, which can be either nondigital or digital, depending on your preferences.
- Cheaper to purchase and install
- Physical interface is traditional and easy to use
- Good if someone is always at home
- Cannot program a schedule
- No special features for efficiency
- May result in high utility bills if you forget to adjust it
- Not ideal for people who are away from their home a lot
Thermostats that let you set a daily, weekly or seasonal temperature schedule according to your preferences are programmable. Rather than manually adjusting the temperature throughout the day or week, the thermostat will do it for you!
Homeowners often use work and school hours as an opportunity to save energy by setting the indoor temperature closer to what it is outside. This thermostat adjusts it after you leave and before you return, so it is always comfy when you need it most.
- Very customizable
- Good for climates that experience major temperature changes, like in southern states
- Some models can be controlled from any location, using a smartphone or wi-fi
- More expensive to purchase and install than non-programmable thermostats
As the most technologically-advanced models, smart thermostats offer maximum control, energy savings and convenience for the climate in your home. Using wi-fi, it connects to your HVAC system so you can easily make changes from your phone or tablet. And as you adjust your home’s temperature settings over time, its algorithm automatically learns what pattern to program to match your living habits. It keeps the house at your comfort level, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Smart thermostats also track your energy and usage, giving you access to consumption reports, status updates and a reminder once it’s time to change your air filters. By adding one of these to your HVAC setup, you don’t need to worry about getting surprised with a high utility bill because you forgot to adjust the thermostat before a trip or have been using dirty filters. They think about everything for you!
- Offers the most customization
- The learning algorithm knows how to keep your home comfortable without manual adjustments
- Smartphone and wi-fi connectivity provide the most convenient climate control
- The most expensive model to buy and install
Thermostat Installation Services In Boerne
When your thermostat starts having problems or your home doesn’t feel completely cool during the summer, you may need to invest in a new thermostat. At KCA Services, our specialists can help you decide which of our replacement units is best suited to your custom needs and install it for you!
Since 1973, we have been dedicated to providing Boerne and San Antonio-area residents with the ultimate level of comfort in their homes all year long. Our thermostat options are designed to do just that, without sacrificing your bank account and utility bills. We’ll make sure you have the best unit for your home and be with you along every step of the installation process.