The best thing homeowners can do for the health of their AC system is to schedule an annual AC tune-up. There are many important benefits that come from regular preventative maintenance on your cooling system. You can reduce energy, money and stress simply by attending to your unit every year.
KCA Services wants to make sure that you have the most efficient, effective AC unit that can keep you and your family cool all year. Read on to learn more about when and why you should schedule an AC tune-up this year.
What’s Included in an AC Tune-Up?
Though each company varies in their exact tune-up approach, most will take similar steps to clean and tune your unit.
- Diagnostic Evaluation – Our skilled team checks a list of over 20 items and processes that can wear out or break.
- Flush the Drain Line – The condensate drain line is flushed clear to allow water to be funneled out of the unit.
- Clean Condenser Coils – The condenser coils can become dirty or frozen, so a good cleaning will prevent future problems.
In addition to the technical cleaning and evaluating, your technician is there to listen to any concerns you may have. For example, if your home is cooled unevenly, has low airflow or needs more efficient energy practices, then the tune-up appointment is a good time to voice it. Your technician will be able to advise you on the best solutions for your home.
Benefits of AC Maintenance
AC maintenance is as important as a yearly check-up with our doctors. There may not be anything wrong when you see your doctor, but it’s a great time to make sure everything is healthy and ask questions for the future. Our team of AC specialists have experienced eyes that are fine-tuned to notice any malfunctions, prevent future breakdowns and answer any questions you have about your comfort.
These are some of the main benefits of getting an annual AC tune-up:
- Higher energy efficiency – When your system runs at maximum efficiency, you’ll definitely notice more effective cooling happening in your home.
- Lower energy bills – The more efficient your system runs. the less energy it uses and the more money it saves you every month.
- Less frequent repairs – When our seasoned technicians can replace worn out parts during the appointment, it prevents future breakdowns and larger AC repairs.
- A longer lifespan – When you take care of your HVAC’s health it is proven to last much longer before needing replacement.
When is The Best Time for An AC Tune-Up?
In general, scheduling a tune-up once a year is always the best idea. However, during the spring season is the prime time to get maintenance done. Spring is usually still mild in temperature so your AC is not in high demand yet. Having the unit checked out during this time will ensure your home is fully prepared for the heat of summer.
Plus, there are more emergency AC needs in the summer. Most HVAC companies will have more open schedules in the spring than the summer. It’s a great idea to get an appointment scheduled to avoid the busy summer season.
Ready To Schedule An AC Tune-Up?
KCA Services is more than happy to provide excellent service and stellar AC tune-ups all year long. If you want to get ahead of your AC unit’s health, contact us today to schedule an appointment!